Vote NO 2 TAX APRIL 7th

Vote NO 2 TAX APRIL 7th

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Tired of being taxed, taxed, taxed

Jann Casillas Ortiz had this in the April 4 Dispatch/Rock Island Argus. ..... marks paragraph breaks. "I am an average Rock Island County taxpayer. My husband and I pay sales, income and property taxes etc. I am not well-educated, don't have a fancy title except for "Mom", "Meemaw" and "Honey Buns". We have raised five children on one income and have lived in our very modest, older home for 35 years. ..... My husband is retired after decades of hard, filthy shop work. We are not sophisticated, don't belong to any country clubs or own fancy cars or vacation homes. We do plenty of service work and are strong in our respective faiths. ..... So, here it is in my plain humble words: I am damned tired of being taxed (to death). The school administrations in the Illinois Quad-Cities are bloated. The teachers are underpaid. Let us cut the administration's salaries in half. use half of that to give the teachers raises, use the other half for the purposes that the intended tax raise is for and be done with the whole thing. ..... Rock Island County, do you just not "get it"? We have been taxed, taxed, taxed. We can not afford this proposed increase and do not want it. I am voting NO!"

No comments:

Post a Comment