Vote NO 2 TAX APRIL 7th

Vote NO 2 TAX APRIL 7th

Friday, May 15, 2015

Spending problem why voters said no to school tax

Marty Shannon had this published in the May 15 Dispatch/Argus. (..... marks paragraph breaks.) "I wondered why a penny tax for schools was voted down. I'm not against taxes for schools, roads, police, firemen, teachers and people to run these programs. ..... Governments must stop trying and promising to do everything for everybody. Governments are run by politicians, who are elected to run our cities and spend tax dollars wisely. As I have written many times, governments do not make money, they spend money. Therefore, they can give us something only by taking from us. ..... Sit in any room in your home and look at every article you own, and some you think you own, you paid taxes on everything you purchased: this pencil I'm writing with, the paper I'm writing on. The clothes I wear. ..... I own a washer, dryer, fridge, furnace, the lighting in my home, every electric appliance. If I want to use these I must pay the utility company and on my bill there is a tax. I just bought a new phone. If I want to use it, there will be a tax added to the bill. ..... I have to pause, I need a drink of water. I nearly forgot the city raised my water bill 3 percent and my trash pickup $6. ..... I own my home. At least I thought I did. If I don't pay rent (property taxes), government can take my home. ..... The car is the golden fleece. I could write a book on taxes and ways to get money from this. ..... We don't have a tax problem. Government has a spending problem."

No comments:

Post a Comment